Intro. 1.The Bible teaches plainly concerning two great resurrections.
2.Take away either of these two great resurrections and there is no
"GOODNEWS" of the gospel.
3.There must be death before there can be a resurrection.
I. THE BIBLE TEACHES PLAINLY CONCERNING A SPIRITUAL RESURRECTION IN CHRIST.
A. The Whole World Needs This Spiritual Resurrection Because Spiritual Death Reigns Because
of Sin (I
1. The sentence of spiritual and physical death was given after the fall of man in the Garden of
2. Death is a
is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear, but YOUR
INIQUITIES HAVE SEPARATED between you and your God, and your sins have hid His
you, so that he will not hear you (Isa.59
was speaking of spiritual death when he said, "The soul that sinneth it
all his sins ---- he shall not die ()'" Again he says that Jehovah had, "rather that he
should return from HIS WAY, and live (-24; Mt. ).
B. Jesus Came To Give Spiritual Life To Those Who Would Obey Him.
sent me, hath eternal life, and cometh not into judgment, but hath passed OUT OF DEATH
INTO LIFE. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour cometh, and now is, when the dead
(spiritual dead) shall hear the voice of the Son of God; and THEY THAT HEAR shall live
was present then.
believeth on me, though he die, yet shall he live; and whosoever liveth and believeth shall
never die (Jn. -26)."
C. The Ephesian Christians Had Experienced This Spiritual Resurrection.
1. Paul said to them, "And you did he make alive when ye were dead through your trespasses
and sins --- but God, being rich in mercy, --- even when we were dead through our
trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace have you been
2. In v. 6 he says, "And raised us up with him." The Colssian brethren had also been made a live by
spiritual resurrection in Christ (Col.2
D. All Need This Spiritual Resurrection In Christ.
1. All accountable people are dead in their trespass and sins until they receive this resurrection
(Rom. , 5
2. This resurrection takes place when the sinner is baptized in the likeness of the death, burial
resurrection of Christ and "raised to walk in newness of life (
The facts of the gospel (ICor. 15
in a form in baptism.
E. Those Who Teach Salvation By "Faith Only" Entangle Themselves In A Web Of
1. Such a doctrine does away with repentance, confession and baptism, which the Bible says
necessary (Acts ;
; Acts 8
2. Those who teach this doctrine usually baptize a person who according to the doctrine is
already saved and ALIVE in Christ. Is it in order to bury a live person? Is it not the person
is dead in sin that should be buried in the waters of baptism (Rom.6
Premillennialist Have Tried To Make A Physical Resurrection.
1. It reads, "Blessed and holy is he that
hath part in the first resurrection
death hath no power; but they shall be priest of God and of Christ and shall reign with him a
2. Those who obey Christ and live the Christian life are those who have part in the first
All Christians are priests of God and of Christ, and
Christ is our high priest (I Pet. 2
Heb. -18, 3
thousand years of Rev.20
or "last days." Dt. 7
covenant and loving kindness with them that love him and keep his commandments to a
THOUSAND GENERATIONS. Does this not mean that God will keep “covenant and
loving kindness” with the faithful for the full and complete time between now and the
judgment of the last day?
F. A "thousand" is used more than once in the Bible to represent an unlimited number. Ps.
Surely we know that there are cattle on many times a thousand hills! Who do they belong to?
"first resurrection". The second death is the "lake of
fire" (Rev. 20
II. THE BIBLE TEACHES PLAINLY THAT A DAY IS COMING WHEN ALL WHO ARE PHYSCALLY DEAD WILL BE RAISED.
A. Even The Patriarchs Knew Something About This Great Resurrection
1.Job said, "I know that my Redeemer liveth---- and after my skin, even this body is
destroyed, then without my flesh shall I see God (Job -26)."
2. The faithful in the days of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob knew about it and "confessed that
they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth --- But now they desire a better country, that
is a heavenly; wherefore God is not ashamed of them, to be called their God; for he hath
prepared for them a city (Heb. -16)."
everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt" (ASV)" Many of those who
lie dead in the ground will rise from death. some of them will be given eternal life, and
others will receive nothing but eternal shame and disgrace"(CEV). "Many, many
people of the earth that are dead and buried will wake up to have life forever. But some will
wake up to
have shame and hate that continues forever" (E to RV) (Dan.12
B. Jesus Taught That All The Dead Will Be Raised At The Same Time.
1. After Jesus had given instruction concerning the "first resurrection" he said, "Marvel not at
come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life, and they that have
evil, unto the resurrection of judgment (Jn.5
have "done good" and those who have "done evil" will be raised at the same time!
said, (I Cor.15
C. The Premillennialist And Rapture Preachers Teach That There Will Be A Resurrection Of
The Righteous And Much Later A Resurrection Of The Unrighteous.
use especially I Thess. 4
try to establish their doctrine.
2. In the context of I Thess. -18 Paul is speaking of only two classes of people, the
righteous dead and the righteous living. There are four classes which includes the
unrighteous dead and the unrighteous living.
3. The brethren at Thessalonica were sorrowing like those, "who have no hope" () over
some of their brethren who had died and Christ
had not come. They were reasoning that
they would not receive the blessings and glory that those who are still living
will receive. Paul told them that when Christ comes those, "asleep in
Jesus will God bring with him," meaning that Jesus will bring the spirits
of the righteous (Phil.1
4. The chapter division at the end of I Thess. 4
5. II Thess. 1
6. Brethren, If we had been more active in using all of the avenues of mass media, and every other avenue available, "The Rapture Preachers" could not have deceived so many people. There are too many God fearing and honest people in those Protestant Churches for them to have gotten by with such a doctrine that is false from the beginning to the end!
1. Just as surely as Christ came the first time
He is coming a second time (Heb.9
2. He will come with "the angels of his
power rendering vengeance" (IIThess. 1
3. Before Him will be gathered
all the nations and he will separate the
sheep from the goats (Mt. 25
4. The foolish virgins (Mt. 25
5. A sobering question that each one of us needs to answer is, Am I prepared for that great resurrection day?
6. There is coming a last great day (Jn. , , , ).
7. Sinner friend, will you choose to have part
in the "first resurrection"? (Jn.5