Please read all of the references. They will help for a better understanding.
1. The brethren at
2. How had Paul learned about the faith and
love of the Colossians (Col. 1
3. How do we know that Paul was a prisoner
when he wrote the epistle (Col. 4
4. To what extent had the gospel been
preached when this Epistle was written (Col. 1
5. The above passages tell us that the early church had preached the gospel to the whole
____________ in less than _______ years. What should this say to us today?
6. The Colossians had been translated out of the_________ and into____________ .
7. The writer affirms that Christ was before all ________ and in him all _________ ,
and that he is the head of the ________ , the _________ ; who is the beginning, the
_____________ from the dead; that in all things he might have the ______________.
8. Why is Christ spoken of as the
"firstborn from the dead" (Col. 1
9. Had Paul ever been to
10. List two things that he was praying for them about.
11. What kind of false teaching was the church
at Colossee confronted with (Col. 2
four exhortations that Paul gave concerning the above problem (Col. 2
13. What does the writer say about "the bond written 'in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us "? Does this mean that the law was completely fulfilled when Christ died Mt. - 18; Jn. -30)?
14.List two things that the writer says about the precepts and doctrines of men.
15. Paul told the Colossians if the had been raised together with Christ that they should
seek _______________ , and that they should set their affections on ________________.
16. What promise does he then give them?
17. List four things that they were exhorted to put to death.
18. They were to put away anger, and ______________________, _______________,
_______________________ , __________________________.
19. List four things that they were exhorted to put m.
I . 3 .
2 . 4.
20. If any had a complaint against another they were to ______________________.
21. They were admonished above all things to put on _________________ which is the bond of _____________________.
22. The writer admonished them to "let the peace of Christ ________ ; and let the word of God dwell in you _____________.
23. The wives were admonished to be _________________________________.
24.Husbands were told to "love your wives and be not ________ .
25.Children were admonished to
26. Fathers were admonished to
27. Give two admonitions that were given servants.
28.Masters were exhorted to render unto their servants "that which is _______
knowing that ye _________________“.
29. The writer admonished all to "continue steadfastly in ________________
and to let their speech be always with __________ that they might know ________. .
30. For what purpose was Tychicus being sent to them?
31. What is said about Onesimus in the
Epistle, and what does this show about the church at
32. What exhortation were they told to give to
Archippas, and what does this indicate (Col.4
33. List four things to show the close relationship of Ephesians, Colossians, and Philemon. 1
I The church at
and on the ______ missionary journey in about _____ A.D. (Acts ).
2. They were directed to go into
3. What does this tell us about how God
answers the prayers of alien sinners (Acts 16
4. Luke tells about only two of the cases of
How did God open the heart of
6. How do many preachers today use Acts 16
7. How long did Luke stay at
three things, which indicate that Philippians was written during the latter
part of Paul's two years imprisonment in Rome, and after he had written
Ephesians, Colossians, and Philemon (Col. 4
9. In 1
10. What great lesson should be learned from
11. Paul includes __________ in the salutation of Philippians and the letter is addressed to all ______________ with the _____________ and ____________________.
12. What do we learn about the organization of the Philippian church by this salutation?
four of the purposes of this epistle (Phil. 1
14. Paul told the Philippians that the things that had happened to him had fallen out unto the progress of _______________, and that his bonds had become manifest in Christ throughout ____________________. Explain.
15. What were the two ways that the gospel was being preached?
16. Why did Paul rejoice in the preaching of both groups?
two important lessons should we learn from this passage 1
I8. Paul told the Philippians that he was in a "strait between the two, having
19. What does verse twenty-three teach
concerning the death of the righteous (11 Cor. 5
20. He admonished them to let their manner of life be _____________, and not to be affrighted by _________________________.
21. He admonished them to do nothing "through faction or ________________ but in ___________________not looking each ___________________________”.
and give the substance of four passages that teach, that Christ existed in the
form of God before he was born of woman (Gen. 1
23. Paul commanded them to obey and to "work out your __________ with _______________________.
24. Show how that there is no conflict,
or contradiction, between Phil. 2
25. They were commanded to "do all things without and ___________ “ . What things was he talking about?
26. What is the meaning of , and
what does it indicate about identity in heaven (I Cor.3
27 He said that he would send Timothy to them as soon as _________________ .
28. List two good things that he said about Timothy.
29. In 3
does he refer to them in this manner? What kind of false doctrine were they
teaching (Acts 15
30. What people constitute "the
circumcision", or what is real circumcision (Phil. 3
31. What does Paul mean by the statement
that Christians have no confidence in the flesh" (Phil.3
32. What did he say about the sacrifices that he made that he might be faithful to Christ and attain unto the resurrection of the dead?
33. Paul said that he was forgetting the things _______________ and stretching forward to _____________ and pressing on toward __________________.
34.List two other things that he told them about the false teachers (Phil. -19).
35. What will Christ do with the bodies of
the faithful when he comes again (Phil. -2 1; I Thess. 4
36. Paul exhorted Euodia and Syntyche to _____________ and for the brethren to ________________.
37.He commanded them to rejoice in________________ and let their ________ be known unto all men.. Why? Explain.
38. Some of our brethren are saying that
39. Paul admonished the Philippians, "in nothing be_________ but in everything ___________________________. What kind of peace will this bring?
40. What things did he request them to think
on? Why (Prov. ; Mt. -19; Rom. 12
41. What did he exhort them to do in respect to his example before them?
42. Why did Paul rejoice that they had sent Epaphroditus to supply his needs, and what
he say that this constituted in their relationship to God (Phil.
three things that he said about what the church at
44. From what brethren does he send salutations, and what does this show?