Hebrews, James, Peter, John, Jude
JAMES A. TURNER
Questions About The Author;
1. The apostle John had a brother named ____and they were with their father _____________
engaged in the ___________business when Jesus called them to full time
discipleship. (Matt. 4
2. These two apostles were partners with the ___________ and
__________ when Jesus called them. (Luke 5
3. The above disciples had first been the disciples of __________, but he pointed out that Jesus was _____________________.(John —42.)
4. John is the author of ___________books of the New Testament. They are ________,
_______________, ______________, _______________, _______________.
Questions About The Dating Of
5. How may we
account for the difference in the time given by John relative to crucifixion of
Christ, and what does this indicate about the time that John wrote The Gospel
According To John (Mt.27
Mark, and Luke all record the teaching of Christ about the destruction of
7. John refers to his brethren as little children
8. II John 1
9. Do any of
the other writers of the New Testament tell about false teachers that were
denying that Jesus is the Christ, and that he had not come in the flesh (I Jn.2
10. What does the above indicate about the dating of John’s Books?
11. John wrote
The Revelation of John while he was exiled on the
12. What do some of the early writers say about how long John lived, and where he resided during his latter years?
Questions On I John
13. Compare the beginning of I John with the Gospel
of John (Jn.1
14. Why did the apostle need to emphasize the incarnation of Christ?
15. Give three
purposes of I John (I Jn.1
16. List two statements that John makes about the nature of God.
17. How does he describe the person who affirms that he has fellowship with God and walks in darkness?
18. What happens when Christians walk in the light?
19. What is the
meaning of the word “cleanseth” in I John 1
20. What is a
person doing when he affirms that he lives above sin (1
21. What will God do when we confess our sins?
22. Who is our Advocate, and what does an advocate do?
23. John affirms that Christ is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for ______________________________________
24. What is the
meaning of the word propitiation? (Ex.32
25. What does John say about the person who says he knows God and “keepeth not his commandments?
26. What does he
say about the person who affirms that he is in the light and hateth his brother (2
27. What is the meaning of being in the light?
28. What is the spiritual condition of “he that loveth his brother?
According to 2
30. List three things that he says about the anti—Christ (—19, - -23, ).
31. How does he encourage his brethren (-22, -25, -29)?
Why do people of the world “not know” or appreciate the
children of God (IJn.3
33. What kind of bodies will Christians be given at the second advent of Christ (I
34. What does every one that has the above hope do?
35. How do we
know that I John 3
36. How does 3
37. Why did Cain
slay his brother and what does this tell us about their offerings, and also our
38. How may we know “that we have passed out of death into life?”
39. What is the meaning of the above quotation?
40. What does he say further about the terrible sin of hating a brother in Christ ()?
41. What does he say about the brother who sees his brother in need, and “shutteth up his compassion from him?”
42. How may we assure our hearts that we are in a saved condition?
43. Give some of
the other ways that John says that we may know that we are saved(2
44. Why do we need to “prove the spirits”?
45. How does John
identify the anti-Christ in this chapter (4
46. How has God
manifested his love toward us, and what should this cause us to do (4
47. What does he say about the man who says that he knows God and hates his brother?
48. What is the way of victory to overcome the world?
49. What three
things bear witness that “Jesus is the Son of God”, and how do they bear
50. How does the
unbeliever make God a liar (;
51. I Jn.5
52. John affirms
that salvation and eternal life is in Christ. How does a sinner get into Christ
53. What does John say about “sin unto death” (-17)? Discuss.
54. List four of
John’s statements about love (1
QUESTIONS ON II JOHN
1. II John is address unto the _________________and_______________
2. Give three things that show that the epistle is not written to a church as some aver.
3. How does John refer to himself in both II and III John, and why is this designation very appropriate?
4. List three purposes for this short letter.
5. What does John “beseech” the elect lady to do?
6. What is the evidence of love? In what other passages does John speak I of the evidence of love in this way?
7. Give the two ways that John describes the anti-Christ in this letter.
8. What does he say about those that go “onward” and abide not in the teaching of Christ, and what does this statement mean?
9. List and discuss the three admonitions that he gives her concerning these false teachers.
10. In the closing of the letter he tells her _____________________ ______________,and he sends greetings from _________________________
QUESTIONS ON III JOHN
1. III John is addressed “unto _________the _________, whom I love.
2. John was praying that Gaius’ physical and economic welfare might be as
3. What does the above statement tell us about Gaius? What would your physical and economic status be on this basis?
4. For what good work does John commend Gaius, and how did John learn about this good work?
5. How does he further encourage him concerning this good work?
6. What lesson should we learn from the eighth verse, and would this principle also apply to a church?
7. What had John written unto the church that Gaius was a member of?
8. List four things that he had to say about Diotrephes.
9. Would you consider naming one of your sons or grandsons Diotrephes? Why? Do we have such men in the church today?
10. What person does John encourage Gaius to imitate? Why?
11. According to verse eleven, what determines whether one is of God or not?
12. List four of the similarities between II and III John.