I & II Corinthians
Study Questions on I Corinthians
1. The story of the
founding of the church at
______________ and ____________ came down from
3. What did he mean by the
statement "Your blood be upon your own head; I am
4. What success did he have
while teaching in the synagogue, and what message did the Lord give him in a
night vision, and how long did he stay there (Acts 18
5. Where did he go after he left the Jewish synagogue?
6. Paul wrote I Corinthians
during the later part of his work at___________ in about______ A. D. (Acts -22; 1
7. Paul had learned about the
condition of the church by the household of _______________ and also through
___________ and ______________, ______________, and ____________(I Cor.1
8. The church had sent a letter
to Paul in which they evidently asked questions about _____________,
_______________and ______________, _________________, and ________________ (I
9. The epistle is addressed to_________________. Paul thanked God that the church was enriched in all ________________ and ________________ so that they came behind in no ____________________.
10. What kind of division existed in the church? How had he learned about the division?
What admonition did Paul give about the division (I Cor. , 3
12. Why was he thankful that
he had not baptized many at
13. Who do you suppose it was
that did the baptizing of most of the Corinthians (Acts 18
14. How does verse thirteen show that baptism is essential to salvation?
15. Paul affirms that it was God's good pleasure through _____________ to save them that__________. He also affirms that not many______________, __________________ and _________________are called (I Cor. -32).
16. List four statements that he makes about the way that he preached to them.
17. Paul affirms
that the only person that knows the "things of a man" is_____________
and that the only way that he knew the things of God was through
__________________ (I Cor.2
18. Why did Paul have to feed
the Corinthians "with milk, and not with meat" ,
and what did he mean by this statement (I Cor.3
19. What is the meaning of the statement, "I planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase".
20. How will "each man's work" be made manifest (-15)?
21. What is the meaning of -15? See
22 Explain the meaning of
his statement, "if any man thinketh that he is wise among you in this
world, let him become a fool, that he may become wise" (I Cor.3
23. How did he exhort them to account, or regard, their faithful teachers - Paul, Apollos, and Cephas?
24. What did he rebuke them
for in I Cor.4
25. How did Paul beget the
Corinthian brethren (I Cor.4
26. Why was he sending
Timothy to them (I Cor.4
27. What further admonition does he give in this chapter?
29. What did Paul say that he had already done about the matter?
30. Give the two reasons given as to why they were to withdraw from the fornicator. What other sinners did he exhort them to judge?
31. What other "defect" or fault of the church does he speak of in chapter six? List three points that he made in regard to a solution of the problem.
32.What people will not inherit the
33. Had the Corinthians been among this number? What had made the difference?
34. List two things that he admonished them to flee (I Cor. , -22).
35. Why does he give the
above admonitions (I Cor. ; Gen. 3 9
36. List three things that the writer says about a Christian's physical body.
37. What are two of the questions that they had asked him about marriage?
38. Why did Paul tell them, "let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband"?
39. What is the meaning of I
40. What wish did he express about a men relative to marriage, and what did he mean by this?
41. List three admonitions
that he gave to those that had unbelieving companions (I Cor.7
42.What did he say he thought was best concerning virgins and why?
43.What instruction did he give
those "loosed from a wife"(1 Cor-7
44. What subject was he discussing when he said, "Knowledge puffeth up, but love edifieth"?
Explain why they had this problem in the Corinthian church.(l Cor.8
45. Give four of the statements that Paul made in encouraging a proper solution of the above problem.
46. What questions had evidently been asked about his apostleship? What was the seal of Paul's apostleship? Explain.
47.List three of the arguments that he advanced to show that he had a right of support from the Corinthians.
48. Why did the Old
Testament say, "Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the
corn", and what has God ordained concerning those that proclaim the gospel
49. What reasons does Paul
give for his not asking the Corinthians to support him (I Cor.9
50. How, and why, did Paul
bring himself "under bondage to all" (I Cor.9
51. What did he say about victory in living the Christian life as discussed in the latter part of chapter nine?
52. What did he tell them
about the Israelites in chapter ten and why (I Cor. 10
53. What is the particular
thing that he is talking about in verse six (Nu. 1 1
55. What is he talking
about in verse eight (Nu.25
56. What is he talking
about in verse nine (Nu.21
57.What is he talking about in verse ten (Nu. -50)?
58. What did he tell them about temptation?
59. What is the meaning of the statement, "ye cannot partake of the table of the Lord, and the
table of demons"?
60. List three things that
he told them about the eating of meats in chapter ten
61. Paul affirms that the head of man is ___________ , and the head of woman is ________ and that every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors ________ that every woman who prays or prophesies with her head ___________ dishonors her head.
62. Why was it not possible, under prevailing conditions, for the Corinthians to "eat the Lord's supper"?
63. List three things that he told them to do to correct the above matter.
64. What is the subject discussed in chapters twelve, thirteen, and fourteen?
65. List the miraculous gifts
of the spirit (I Cor. 12
66. How were some of the
brethren using the miraculous gifts in the wrong way (I Cor. 12
67. In chapter thirteen Paul first contrast spiritual gifts with _____________, and then he gives the characteristics of __________________________.
68. What is the meaning of
verses eight through ten (Jas.1
69. List six things that he said to them about speaking in tongues in chapter fourteen.
70. List two things that are
said about women in I Cor, 14
71. How are all things to be done in the public assembly of the church (I Cor. -40)? Discuss.
72. What is the subject discussed in chapter fifteen? What were some of the Corinthians saying about the resurrection of the dead?
73. What does he say about
the gospel that he had preached to them (I Cor. 15
74. List eight things that are given about the resurrection.
75. What instruction is given about giving in chapter sixteen, and what does this show about the day of the week that the early Christians met for worship?
76. Paul said that
he would return to
77. What did he tell them about Apollos? The household of Stephanas, Forunatus, and Achaicus ?