JAMES A. TURNER
1. How did the
Galatians receive Paul when he first preached the gospel to them, and how and
why had they changed in their attitude toward him (Gal. 1
2. The epistle is addressed to __________________________________.
3. By whom and when were these churches established. and what churches were included in the
three of the primary purposes of the Epistle to the Galatians (Gal. 1
5. Why did Paul.need
to stress his apostleship so much in this Epistle (Gal.l
6. List three things about those who were preaching a "different gospel".
7. How do we know that they were willful
false teacher (Gal. 1
Discuss in detail.
What lesson should we
learn from the above instruction and other like passages (Mt. 7
9. How did Paul receive the gospel that he preached to the Galatians?
IO. How and why does he show that he did not receive the gospel from the other apostles?
apostle (Jn. 7
12. Comment on, "I went up by revelation."
13. Who went with Paul" Why did he carry Titus?
14. Is the account in Gal. 2
15. The two accounts show that there were how many meetings in all about the question of
Did the Pharisees have "their day in court" and what were the
results (Acts 15
List three important things about the meeting at
I8. What decision was reached,
by the apostles and elders and the whole church at
through the guidance of the Holy Spirit (Acts 15.22-29)?
19. Did the apostles at the above meeting give Paul any further instruction- concerning what he
was to preach? What did they do? What request did they make of Paul and Barnabas (Gal
Why did Paul rebuke Peter when be came to
22. Did Peter live up to the requirements of his knowledge on this occasion (Acts -39;
Acts 10.9-35, 11
23. Did the rest of the Jews follow Peter's bad example? Why?
24. What question did Paul ask Peter on this occasion?
25. Explain the meaning of the question (Acts -1 1; Gal. -16).
26. What does Paul have to say about Christ and the law?
27. Why does Paul call then "O foolish Galatians?
28. What is the meaning of the statement "before whose eyes Jesus Christ was openly set
forth crucified?" Had they literally witnessed the crucifixion of Jesus?
What evidence did they
have that they were recipients of the Spirit (Gal. 3
38-39; Gal. 3
30. Gal 3.6 is a quotation of ___________________. Tell how his faith was reckoned for
(Gen. 12.1-3- 15
31. What is the relationship of faith and works in meeting God's requirements for salvation
32. Why would the Galatian Christians have been under a curse if they had followed the
who were trying to bind the law of Moses upon them
33. How did Christ become a curse for us, and redeem us from the law (Gal. ; II
34. What promise and covenant is the writer
talking about In Gal. 3
35. Why was the law added and for how long (Gal. -25; Rom, -26; Rom. -13)?
36. The law served as what in its
relationship to Christ (Gal. 3
How did the Galatians
get "into Christ" (Gal. 3
do men get into Christ today? Can one be saved outside of Christ? Is baptism essential to
38. Must one be baptized for the right purpose and with the right mode or form in order to
Discuss. (Mt. 16
39. What is meant by the statement "but when the fullness of time came".'
40. What is the
significance of "born of a woman" in verse four (Gen. 3
41. It seems that Paul was afraid that they would become his enemies because of
42. The writer says that the two wives of Abraham and their sons represented what?
43. What yoke of bondage is be referring to in
44. He further says that everyone that received circumcision was debtor to do
45. Does this mean that anyone that goes back to the Old Testament for a part of his religion
is debtor -to do the whole law ?
46. “ Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision availeth anything; but
47. What is he talking about in Gal 5
48. How can a
Christian keep from following after the lust of the flesh (Gal.5
49. How are we to use our freedom in Christ?
50. What will happen to those that practice
the lusts of the flesh (Gal. -24;I Cor. 6
51. What is the fruit of the Spirit?
52. What does the writer say about a Christian being his brother's keeper?
particular burden is under consideration in Gal 6
What is the writer
talking about in Gal 6
"thinketh himself to be something when he is nothing"?
55. What word is used in more recent versions for the word communicate in the sixth verse
(I Tim. 6
What particular sowing
is he speaking of in 6
six, nine and ten. Does this principle apply to other things?
57. What is the significance of verse eleven
(II Thess. 2
58. What is the only thing that Paul was willing to glory about?