1.The Offering Up Of Isaac Is A Scene Of Great Faith
Had Waited More Than Twenty-eight Years For This “Son Of Promise” (Gen. 12
1. Isaac was at least several years old, some think he was an adult, when God
your son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the
offer him there
as a burnt offering ——--- Gen. 22
2. We read, “So Abraham ROSE
EARLY IN THE MORNING” (Gen. 22
journey to the mountain took three days (22
B. This Scene Is Surely One Of The Greatest Scenes of Faith Of The Whole Bible.
1. Abraham then saw a ram with its horns caught in a thicket, and he offered it as
a burnt offering.
2. The N.T.
tells us that he desired “a better country”, and that he accounted that God was
able to raise him from the dead, and “did also in a figure receive him back
3. The angel said, “By myself I have sworn says the Lord —— I will multiplyyour descendants as the stars of heaven and as the sand on the seashore--- (Gen.22. 15-17)”..
4. Will you turn and see if this is what Hebrews 18 is talking about?
5. It might do some of us good to ask ourselves the question, What would I have
done if I had been in the shoes of Abraham?
II. The Destruction of
A. Ten Righteous People Would Have Saved This Terrible Scene Of Destruction.
1. The Lord had
told Abraham, ‘The out cry against
2. Abraham knew that his nephew
3. The Lord answered, “I will spare the whole
place for their sake (Gen. 18
4. There were not ten righteous people in the cities, but the angels
B. Think How Terrible This Scene May Have Been To Abraham.
1. “And Abraham
went EARLY IN THE MORNING and beheld,
and to, the smoke of the land went up like the smoke of a furnace (Gen. 19
2. Do you wonder
C. What Caused This Sad Scene Of Destruction?
1. Remember that
the Lord said, “The outcry — is great and their sin is very grave (Gen. 18
2. What was the
grave sin of the people of these cities? Does not Gen. 19
3. Jude v. 7 also reads, “Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication and going after strange flesh, (KJV) “indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural lust” (NRSV), sexual immorality and perversion” (NIV), are set forth for an example suffering the vengeance of eternal life.”
4. You and I are either helping to save or destroy our nation! This also involves our eternal destiny. Who, thirty years ago, would have thought that the time would come when two major net works, CNN and ABC, would put on special programs to support and encourage the life style of the Gays like these networks did in April and May.